(This post contains affiliate links. I receive a small commission if you buy through the links used in this post!)
Welcome to my stop on the One Thimble Blog Tour for Issue 7!
I chose the Jukebox Duet Dress to sew up for my daughter.
My plan was to do the knit version, but she insisted on the woven.
I used some lovely wovens that I bought from Stay Home Fabrics quite some time ago now--they are no longer in stock there.
So...about the dress!
I sewed up a size 5 and added two inches to the length at the shoulder cut line as I wanted the dress past her knees. That was the only modification I made.
The dress closes in the back with a cute little placket on which I sewed three different flower buttons.
Overall, the dress comes together and is finished off very nicely.
I really like details like the cuffs, tabs, and the bias binding finish on the bottom.
If you don't know how to make your own bias binding, the pattern even gives instructions for that!
And, of course this is one of two versions in this pattern--so you basically have two patterns in one.
Check out Issue 7 by clicking on this picture:
Visit One Thimble by clicking on this picture:
Are you looking forward to seeing more of the range of patterns from One Thimble's Issue 7? Follow the blog tour using the links below;
- Wednesday 13th May 2015 - Molly and Mama and pen, seb & rox and From a Box
- Thursday 14th May 2015 - Handmade Boy
- Friday 15th May 2015 - The Toffee Tree and Horris and Deedle
- Saturday 16th may 2015 - Sewvolution and FABulous Home Sewn
- Sunday 17th May 2015 - Sew Today, Clean Tomorrow and Sprouting JubeJube
- Monday 18th May 2015 - Sew Happily Ever After and Big Stitches, little stitches and Made By Sara
- Tuesday 19th May 2015 - Phat Quarters Blog and Hibbadoray
- Wednesday 20th May 2015 - Mabey She Made It and Blue Wren Handmade