Monday, March 5, 2012

Ruffle Skirt

A couple of weeks ago, I made this Ruffle Skirt out of some lovely ruffle fabric from Fabric.com. I had bought it a couple of months ago, but wanted to wait until I was 'unpregnified' before making this, as I was so close to the end of my pregnancy, I didn't want any more maternity size clothes!


Because the fabric is quite sheer when the ruffles aren't down proper, I added a lining with some black knit fabric I had lying around. I didn't hem any of the layers since it won't unravel anyway, and I love a quick project.


After sewing the two tubes of fabric together at the waistband, I sewed a casing about 1 1/4" wide and added a 1" elastic waistband.


I love this skirt! It's super comfy plus it's fancy enough for Church or an evening out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!