Monday, January 28, 2013

Another Sassy Dress

Quite some time ago I bought this dress at the thrift store with the intent of upcycling it. Eventually.
 
 
I finally got around to using it. Ties and all. I actually have very little usable material left.
 
 
I used the sassy dress pattern from the book Fabric by Fabric: One Yard Wonders.
I've made one before in size 2T which still fits my daughter except it is getting a little short.
So, I cut this one a couple of inches longer, still using the 2T pattern because my children are all rather skinny.  

 
She was quite excited to try it on--black (actually dark navy blue) tights and all.
I had looked in her closet the other day and saw these tights in the dim light of her room. I thought, 'Right, she has black tights, now is the time to make that dress.' When I pulled them out today to put them on her, I realized my error, but it is hard to tell when she is wearing them.

 
Yep, it passes inspection. Pockets are a great bonus.
 


1 comment:

  1. I have a little girl turning 3 in June too! She also loves her pockets, especially if she gets to put money inside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

There was an error in this gadget