This is a little different than my usual sewing! I used to be an avid reader but have not read as much in the last number of years as I find I get lost in a book and have a hard time putting them away. Also, the little time I feel I have I want to use to read books that help me to grow in my faith and knowledge of God. However, as a homeschooling mom it is good to read the books that my kids will be reading and to keep my brain sharp. So...I will try to join in on this challenge:
Karen from Books and Chocolate is doing a Back to the Classics Challenge for 2018.
1. A 19th century classic - A G.A Henty book
2. A 20th century classic - 'Lord of the Flies' by William Golding
3. A classic by a woman author. 'Cotton in my Sack' by Lois Lenski
4. A classic in translation. 'Reis Door de Nacht' by Anne Devries translated to 'Journey Through the Night'
5. A children's classic. 'Winnie the Pooh' by A.A. Milne
6. A classic crime story, fiction or non-fiction. Probably 'Sherlock Holmes' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
7. A classic travel or journey narrative, fiction or non-fiction. 'Pilgrim's Progress' by John Bunyan
8. A classic with a single-word title. 'Christiana' by John Bunyan
9. A classic with a color in the title. 'Anne of Green Gables' by Lucy Maude Montgomery
10. A classic by an author that's new to you. I'll need to look for something yet!
11. A classic that scares you. 'Pride and Prejudice' or 'Sense and Sensibility' by Jane Austen
12. Re-read a favorite classic. 'Margaret Paton: Letters from the South Seas' which was published in 2003 but the letters are written in the 1860's to the 1890's.
I myself am curious how many of these I'll get to! I'd love to get in the habit of doing more reading and this looks like a do-able challenge.