Friday, December 21, 2012

Super Simple Snowmen

Yesterday, my kids were very bored. I mean jumping and running and yelling bored.
So, I had to get them to sit down quietly, and what better way than to do a craft.
I came up with this:
 
 
Paper snowmen attached to clothes pins to decorate the tree with.
(sorry about the bad lighting in these pictures--our house is rather dark with not much natural light and I am no expert with my camera.)
So, I thought it'd be fun to share this with you if your kids are getting the 'is-Christmas-here-yet itch.'
Presenting the:
 
 SUPER SIMPLE SNOWMEN
 
Things you'll need:
  •  white cardstock
  • pencil
  • glue sticks
  • glue gun
  • scrap paper
  • clothes pins
  • ribbon
 
I folded the white cardstock to make three snowmen. Then, I drew a snowman on the top one.
 

And, cut them out in one shot. 

 
I cut out three top hats from black scraps and as the kids were gluing those, I cut six brown 'twig' arms out of brown scraps. Also, three orange scrap carrot noses were required.

That giraffe there, 'Tip Top' is almost a constant companion of my daughter.
 
They drew the eyes on with pencil and one of them drew buttons as well.

Love how my daughter glued on her nose!
 
I took the ribbon and tied it loosely around the neck and fastened it with a dot or two of hot glue. Then, I also hot glued the clothes pin to the back so the opening is facing up towards the hat.

I got this fake tree for free the other day!
Much less mess than a real one and I can't dry it out!
 
And, here they are finished on the tree.
Very quick and simple--perfect for a last-minute craft to keep the kids quiet!
 
I also have an adult or older child version that I made around 6 years ago:
 
 
Cute, eh?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!