Monday, April 15, 2013

Another London Pants

My kids are growing faster than I can keep up with--especially in the area of pants. They seem to wear out so fast! Thankfully spring is a little slow in coming here--I have to finish up some spring sewing.
But, I have one out of the way--last week already but I'm a little slow in posting and have done no sewing since--nothing.
I have to get going!
 
But, here is the newest pair of London Pants--a pattern from Petite Kids Boutique:
 
 
I made a size 6 and instead of adding the tabs to turn it up and lining the bottom inside with the lining fabric, I cut the actual pieces longer and hemmed them with a good sized hem. That way I can take it out if he stays as skinny as he is next year.
As you can see, he should be able to wear that shirt next year too. And, maybe the year after... Yes, I know it's a bit big on him--I may have to go and check out the 2nd hand store to find another one, but until I do, he'll be wearing this.

 
Instead of the contrasting flap on the back, I added some self-drafted pockets.

 
And, these pants have now been dubbed, 'My new sailing pants!' All because of those anchor buttons on the side pockets. I thought they'd be a hit, but now he says he'll be sailing every Sunday at Church.

 
The fabrics I used are a chocolate colored linen from Fabric.com that I bought a number of years ago.
The lining gecko fabric is Meadow Friends by Deb Strain for Moda fabric from the Fat Quarter Shop that I bought quite a while ago as well.
The tag is a piece of twill tape that I wrote on with fabric markers.

 
Oh, and that tab of lining fabric on the leg? My son requested that he have some of the lining fabric on the outside so he could see it while sitting in the van on the way to Church.
 
 
And, he is not a very willing model. Hence the lack of pictures with it on him.
 
I'll probably make quite a few more of these as the kids grow out of or wear out of other pants!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. These are just wonderful and I love the photos! Dropped by from Let's Get Acquainted, pleased to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've never been brave enough to attempt kids pants! These look so great! Love the little tab of lining print!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I thought they were from the store. I love the orange stitching! They look comfy too. Visiting from Let's Get Acquainted. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!