Tuesday, September 16, 2014

School Boy Vest and Bosco Bowtie

A couple of weeks ago, we received some great news--we had a new nephew!
So....I had to sew something up.
 Of course.
 
 
For the cute little man, I thought a cute little reversible vest would do the trick.

 
Add in a sweet little bow-tie, and we're all set!
 
 
The vest pattern is the School Boy Vest pattern from Sew Much Ado.
I made it in a nice linen that I had in my stash from long ago--I believe it's from Fabric.com.
And, the snaps are Kam snaps--thanks to my friend Jess from Gracious Threads for the brown ones!  

 
And, the bow tie is the free pattern from Sis Boom--the Bosco Bowtie.
I did make it a little different than the instructions say--I used less hot glue as I didn't feel that it would be as strong compared to being sewn.
The fabric is from my local Fabricland. It co-ordinated perfectly, even though I didn't buy it for this purpose!
 
 
I love how it turned out--hope my sister-in-law likes it as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!