Saturday, April 16, 2016

Polo and Pants x3

My boys all have new Sunday outfits for the spring and summer.
After sewing up the penguin polo, I was inspired to make all three boys somewhat matching outfits.
Polo shirts and linen pants.
 
 
The shirts are all made using Jalie 3137.
I really like how this shirt sews up, at least for the sizes I did.
(I know some people have had some trouble with the fit not accommodating a toddler tummy.)

 
Fabrics used for the two other polo shirts are from my stash--one is from Girl Charlee that I bought quite some time ago. The brown argyle is from a Facebook destash site.


For the pants, I ordered some Essex Linen from Fabric Spot and I used the Butler Britches pattern from Brownie Goose. I opted to leave off the cuffs, and I modified the pants by cutting the pattern in half to insert side pockets in the seam. The boys wanted front pockets, and the pattern doesn't include them, so I had to fiddle with that a bit.
 



 Overall I'm quite happy with how their outfits turned out.
They'll be all dressed in their Sunday best....as long as the pants don't get holes.
 
 
My boys were pretty happy about their new clothes and also quite the bunch to try to photograph.


1 comment:

  1. I Love these outfits! Your boys look stunning and very happy indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

There was an error in this gadget