Friday, December 9, 2011

An Update on the Christmas Craft and Bake Sale....

As you know, I was pretty excited about the Christmas Craft and Bake Sale. This was to be my first ahem 'public appearance' with FABulous Home Sewn Products. Well....to put it pretty bluntly it was a flop. Heh. Even after all my worrying about it, my table looked pretty good:

(Thanks to Melissa for the picture as I was blonde and forgot my camera!!)

But, there were not a lot of people that showed up. A lot of the time, it was just the vendors going around to the other vendors. I made one sale for FABulous Home Sewn Products. I made a few other sales for a Church in Cuba that made jewellery to raise money for a new Church building. Plus, 2 families had asked us to try sell handmade belts for them in Canada so they could earn some money and have enough to eat. With the items for Cuba at my table, it at least made the table fee worthwhile--but I will try again if possible! There's a couple of options next year and I know the table fees are much less for those, so we shall see... In the meantime, I will continue sewing, and in the next couple of days, I hope to post about the project for my boys that I'm working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!