Sunday, July 14, 2013

New Look 6355

I had some fun sewing for myself this past week.
I had found this lovely Royal Brit Linen at the thrift store--for a couple of bucks, and knew that I wanted to make something for myself--a dress would be ideal.
 
 
I'm not sure where I got the pattern--I think when I bought a box of random fabric and patterns. But, either way, I really liked the simple lines of this dress. It's an older New Look pattern--# 6355 from 1995. No need for a zipper or a button--this one just slips over your head. It has neck and arm facings and you're supposed to slip stitch the hem. Instead I figured out how to work another feature on my sewing machine--the blind hem.
 
 
 I find the sizing for New Look rather weird. I'm glad I didn't go with my measurements and instead went from my usual 6/8 to a 10. My measurements said to use 12 or 14 but I definitely would have been swimming in that!


It's quite a simple dress but, a jacket or sweater on top, or some blingy jewellery (if I get that daring), or a belt will dress it up quite nicely!
 


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!