Monday, April 2, 2012

Bright 'n Bold Bag

Quite a while ago, my sister-in-law had asked me to sew her a bag and had given me a picture of what she approximately wanted. That picture hung on my bulletin board for quite some time until recently, she came by and looked through my lovely fabric stash. I love the fabric she chose--it's bright and bold and I was super excited to combine two fabrics I would never have thought to put together!


The outer fabric is an outdoor type fabric that I managed to pick up at our local second hand store.


The inside is a repurposed pillowcase--pink and orange, also from the second hand store.
I had been hoarding these fabrics--thinking the pink and orange would make a pretty dress sometime, and a pillow case dress just wasn't going to do it. Plus, how was I going to incorporate such different and yet awesomely matched colors in a dress so that they'd both stand out? This bag is perfect for that--both the pink and the orange get to be shown off--one on each strap.


Well over a year ago, I had made a similar bag, but with a much shorter strap. If I remember correctly, I got the tutorial from the Sewing Dorkhere.
Super easy bag and again, I love the colors my SIL chose! I would've probably been boring and put a blue with the blue...sigh...I think I need to get more daring...
Oh, and because these fabrics have been in my stash for who knows how long, I'm linking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!