Monday, April 29, 2013

KCW Days 4-6 and a 1/2

Day 4 of KCW, I sewed up a pair of Mr. Two-Faced Pants from the book, 'Sewing For Boys.'
I used the size 6 months in width and the size 12 months in length.
 
 
The white fabric is from a pillow that I had unstuffed for this project.
And, the car fabric is from the Fat Quarter Shop--City Centre by Marie Perkins for Robert Kaufman that I had bought a while ago.

 
I fussy cut one of the cars to applique on the pant leg and hand embroidered some puffs of exhaust coming out the back.

 
I still need some bright orange buttons to finish off the back pockets but I had none that matched. I'll have to go get some soon...
 
Then, on Day 5, I sewed up two Tricorn Seafarers Hats from the book, 'Fabric by Fabric: One Yard Wonders.'
Again, this project is from Becka Rahn--same as the knight costumes I sewed up a while back. The fabric is actually left over from those same knight costumes.

 
First time I played with rick-rack and I really like the quick and easy results!
I left them on the couch so they'd find them in the morning. And, they did not fail me in their excitement--the oldest came into my room at 6.30 wearing his.
Now, they have their 'captain' hats as they like to call them.


On Day 6, I sewed up a Chef's hat from Ottobre 1/2013.
I think she's pretty happy:

 
The fabric is just white broadcloth I still had laying around from the capes I made for the boys.
I hand embroidered the design on and also my daughter's name--in pink as requested. She would have liked to have the whole hat in pink.
I finished this hat up quickly this morning--hence the 1/2 day.

 
And, here is the ship's crew,
Captain, Cook, and Look-out:

 
I hope you've enjoyed KCW--I have!
 

 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Cute pants! Still haven't tried garment sewing but really been thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such chute projects! Love how happy the kids are with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the repurposing and upscaling of the fabrics and supplies you have at hand! You're an awesome mom for making your kids such adorable dress up accessories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!