Saturday, March 17, 2012

70's Pants...

A good friend of mine recently held a sewing class to teach people how to make a pair of pants. Needless to say, I joined--not because I didn't know how to sew or know how to make a pair of pants, but I love to sew and this was a great excuse to sew with a bunch of other ladies. Plus, the proceeds went to the Pregnancy Care Center. I'm all for giving support to pregnant ladies, especially when abortion is a go-to 'treatment' to get rid of unwanted babies during and even right after (!) pregnancy. (So, if you're reading this and are thinking of having an abortion--it is not the only option--it shouldn't even be an option to kill your baby.)  
Anyway, back to the sewing class...
Carla from the Scientific Seamstress had donated the Easy-Fit Pants Pattern for us to use. I made those at home for a gift. Instead, another lady and myself worked on the Dortje Trousers from the book, Sewing Clothes Kids Love, by Nancy Langdon.

My husband thinks they look like 70's pants but I love them:


Giraffes for my little girl--a Premier Prints fabric that I bought at Fabric.com and same with the white fabric--another Premier Prints twill. The denim fabric I bought at a local second hand store. And, the grey shirt is from Wal-mart--I just added an applique to make it match.


A great project to play around with fabrics and appliques. And, in action:


Yes, they were quite muddy after this, but what else are pants for then to go outside and splash in the mud?!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think they look like 70's pants---I think they look like super comfy kid pants! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so fab and comfy, thanks for sharing on FB!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!