Thursday, June 7, 2012

Almost Summer Skirt

I recently found this double sheet at the second hand store for $4.99:


It's a lovely summery color perfect for a skirt, so I made a skirt.

It's basically a straight skirt with pockets and a thin waistband. I even added a zipper! It's supposed to be invisible, but this is the first time I tried an invisible zipper. The zipper was repurposed from the dress I had bought at Value Village--the one I made this dress out of.  

See, the zipper is not perfect but it does the job!

The bottom detailing, I basically took 4 lengths of elastic, stretched them as I sewed them in and, voila!


All for less than five dollars!
I may end up making some more modifications as and if I feel like it. I had these grand ideas of adding fabric flowers, but I think they may be too heavy and it may detract from the skirt as it is. What do you think?






1 comment:

  1. Cute skirt! I struggle with the tail end of invisible zippers, too. I think I've read and watched everything on them, now I think it's time to have someone show me in person!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!