Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Little Missy Bolero

This past week I tested a pattern for Petite Kids Boutique. It's the Little Missy Bolero and I really like it! It's relatively easy to sew up, and there's no hemming! The bodice is fully lined but the sleeves aren't, and I really like that, especially with my fabric choices. A couple of weeks ago, I had bought an old 'curtain' at the second hand store. It was 80" long and 28" wide after I had picked apart the seams. And, that cost me all of $3.99. A steal I'd say for such pretty fabric! The lining fabric I used is some white cotton from Walmart. It seems a little more off-white now that I use it with such a white eyelet than it did when I used it for the Henry Shirt. I know, white isn't always very practical, but it is so pretty that I cannot help myself but use white.


The fit is just right--I made a size 2T for my 2-year old and it fits like a glove. She was needing a bolero for this particular sundress especially since it has spaghetti straps and is therefore not really modest. And, I want my little girl to be modest.


The back comes down to about mid-back and doesn't stick out or do anything funny.


And, I love the sleeves. They are so girly and cute.


A great pattern, and a quick sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!