Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ugly Patterns

Simple Simon & Company are having an ugly pattern round-up. An ugly vintage pattern round-up.

So, I went through the few I have, knowing that there were a couple of ugly, ugly patterns in there.

 
The only thing I can think of taking from this pattern is the neckline. But, who ever thought of making a pattern that can go for both men and women?! That just does not work--we have such different body shapes...
Anyway, this top one just made me giggle. I don't know if it's the choice of fabric or the absolutely silly shape of those pants. Definitely 70's style.

 
Ah, and then this one. Yes, I can just picture sleeping in something like this! Ha, yes I'll sniff a rose while I'm at it too! And, that cinched up waist--reminds me of Ma Ingalls, who apparently had a waist that could be spanned by her husband's hands. Yes, very stylish--definitely hour-glass shape.
 
Anyway, those are two of my ugly patterns.
I actually have one where they've covered the whole room in fabric. Yes, even the walls--I got that one in a box of vintage patterns.

3 comments:

  1. These are 2 great patterns! That bottom one reminds me of an episode of the Dick Van Dyke show that I was watching the other night. My husband walked in when Laura was wearing a nighty robe thing JUST LIKE THAT PINK ONE and my husband said, How come you never wear anything like that around the house? And then we looked at each other and started to laugh.

    That nighty thing is hilarious. I love it! Thank you for linking up your patterns!
    -liZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe. how sad is it that i would TOTALLY make that pink nightie/robe out of really fine light weight white cotton.... and would TOTALLY wear it...

    *sighs wistfully*

    Melle@featheredruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean you DON'T want to make matching Mr and Mrs caftans in a funky 70's print gabardine? Maybe it's just me..
    I have to admit that I would actually make the second pattern too. I love nightgown and housecoat sets!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!